Dispatcher (Kankakee, IL) for Bulk Truck Transportation
Individual will be responsible to perform duties per any and all company policies, Department of Transportation regulations, Environmental Health, Safety, and Security policies, and other Regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over motor carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
* Accepts and processes customer orders (verbal, fax, email or EDI) and follow terminal dispatch procedures.
* Assigns resources to meet customer requirements under company and regulatory agency mandates.
* Enters complete and accurate data about the customers orders into the computer system.
* Generates Travel Orders and relays that information to the drivers via printed Travel Orders, verbally and via satellite.
* Communicates with Logistics Operations, Customers, employees and other terminal locations to ensure customers requirements are met while getting the most efficient use of available resources.
* Handles Emergency and Non-emergency situations.
* Identifies quality, environmental, health, safety and security problems and alerts Terminal Manager and/or Operations Supervisor.
* Controls the service until the corrective preventative action is implemented, takes immediate action to correct the problem while staying in contact with the Terminal Manager and/or Operations Supervisor.
* Understands safety, maintenance, cleaning, performance and quality issues.
* Takes immediate action as required/directed to correct any customer requirement issues.
* Monitors drivers activities to ensure that customer requirements are met.
* Knowledgeable of Reload System procedures and dedicated freight requirements.
* Reviews drivers hours of service for accuracy to determine availability.
* Assesses maintenance condition reports of selected equipment.
* Reviews drivers completed load information both paperwork and satellite entries.
* Notifies the Terminal Manager and/or Operations Supervisor of any potential disciplinary actions enforcing EHS&S, DOT, and company policies and regulations as directed by the EHS&S/HR departments.
* Tracks and manages drivers, assign drivers routes, destinations, and timelines, as well as keep in touch with drivers who are on the road.
* Daily interaction with clients and drivers to keep up-to-date information on routes and schedules.
* Work closely with both the shippers and consignee to address any concerns or route changes, as needed.
* Prioritizes time sensitive cargo.
* Notifies drivers of pick-up and delivery assignments.
* Dispatches drivers for shipment pick-ups and deliveries.
* Updates shipment tracking system and maintain timely data integrity.
* Takes on-call duty during non-office hours, weekends, and holidays.
* Performs other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Terminal Manager.
* Trucking Industry background a must
* Clear written and verbal communications
* Analytical thinker
* Work well in a team environment.
* Ability to maintain confidential information.
* Ability to analyze and resolve situations and problems.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects.
* Better than average skills working with Computer programs
* While performing the duties of this position, an employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
* The employee is frequently required to walk and use fingers and controls.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, bend, lift and carry up to ten pounds
* Close vision ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time is required.
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work is performed in both an office and field location setting and is subject to pressure from deadlines.
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Degree recommended OR a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Our terminal address is:
2900 Festival Drive, Kankakee, IL, USA
For more information or assistance applying, please contact 1-800-655-0688